Dermatology is a medical field that deals with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases and health issues. The specialist who treats these types of diseases is called a dermatologist (http://newsblaze.com/usnews/health/dermatologists-reveals-skin-care-tips-for-men_69696/).
The dermatologist treats a wide range of diseases, but they also can deal with cosmetic procedures, such as face lifting and Botox treatments. In Singapore, many people have some skin condition such as eczema, fungal infections, blisters, herpes simplex or scabies, and they visit the best dermatologists available in the country. These are the most common conditions that need a dermatologist treatment:
- Skin infections
- Skin discolorations
- Itchy skin
- Hair and scalp conditions
- Fungal infections
- Alopecia areata
- Atopic dermatitis
- Herpes simplex
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin cancer
The dermatologist can deal even with the most serious skin, hair and nail conditions. They also can remove tattoos or perform medical cosmetic treatments, including Botox, hyaluronic wrinkle treatments, chemical peeling and face implant procedures. Some of the skin diseases may cause bigger health problems if not treated on time. The patient needs to visit a dermatologist if they can see any visible changes of their skin, nails, and hair. The dermatologist will run some examinations and will be able to diagnose the condition. There are a lot of skin treatments available in Singapore, such as acne and scar removal and wrinkle interventions. But before making an appointment with some of the best dermatologists in the country, the potential patient needs to know a few things:
- Where can I find the best-accredited dermatologists in Singapore? – There are a lot of hospitals and certified skin clinics in Singapore, including Ratham’s Allergy & Skin Centre, Dermatology & Surgery Clinic, DR Secret Skin Care and so on, where the most complicated skin conditions are treated by some of the best dermatologists in the country.
- Should I be worried about a skin coloration changes? – Even if the smallest spot on your body changes, you need to visit a dermatologist for future evaluations, just to be sure that it’s not a melanoma. Suspicious changes include asymmetry, irregular color, growth and irregular borders on the spot. Remember, every skin change needs a specialist examination.
- What causes hair loss? – There are a lot of reasons that can cause a hair loss, but most commonly it is genetic or age-related. Every person in the world loses the thickness of the hair as they age. Also, the stress and trauma may cause hair loss, also known as Alopecia areata. Very often, this condition can be taken under control by using special cosmetic for hair loss with a combination with some oral medications.
- In which cases can be used a laser for skin treatments? – There is a wide range of conditions that can be treated with a laser, including wrinkle elimination, acne scars, sun damage, tumor removal, hair removal, tattoo removal and so on.
- What types of chemical peel are available? – The most common type is the standard chemical peel which is a controlled chemical burning of the top skin layers, using trichloracetic acid. This is good for smooth wrinkles and color abnormalities. The second most popular type of chemical peel is named dermabrasion, which is a process when a special rotating instrument is used to remove the outer skin layers. This treatment is very effective in cases such as wrinkle removing, tattoo removing, and melasma. These procedures may take up to three months until the problem is solved.
Knowing all of this, don’t postpone your dermatologist appointment if you recognize any of the symptoms described above. Many dermatologists in Singapore are available to answer your questions online and also, you can schedule your visit using their websites. The best way to deal with any potential skin condition is if you recognize the changes early. So, be careful and follow if there is any visible change of your skin, hair or nails.