Specialists Who Assist You In A Big Way
ENT (short for ear, nose, and throat) is a medical field also known as Otorhinolaryngology. The best ENT specialists in this field deal with the conditions and health issues of the ear, nose and throat and also the head and the neck.
We can also name these doctors as otorhinolaryngologists, ENT specialists, otolaryngology specialists or head and neck surgeons (https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/09/160927143038.htm). The best ent specialists can successfully treat conditions such as oral cancer, thyroid cancer, rhinitis, allergies and so on. There are a lot of ent specialists in Singapore that are great in their field, but before you make an appointment, you should look for the best one whom you’re most comfortable with. It’s best if you schedule your appointment with an ENT specialist if you’ve got any of these conditions:
- Any visible condition of the ears, nose or throat
- Ear infections
- Tinnitus (ear ringing)
- Congenital ear disorders
- Problems with smelling
- Infections in the nasal cavity
- Problems with breathing
- Throat disorders that affect speech, eating and swallowing
- ENT-related conditions of the head and neck such as tumors, trauma or deformities
- Ear, nose or throat injuries
- Balance problems
- Nerve problems in the ears, nose or throat
- Hearing impairment
- Swimmer’s ear
- Birth defects of the ears, nose or throat
- Uncomfortable pain in the ears, nose or throat
- Deviated septum
- Nose bleeding
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
ENT Singapore specialists can also specialize in some sub-fields of otorhinolaryngology, such as pediatric otolaryngology (for children), otology (specializing in ears and balance), allergology, facial reconstructive surgery, head and neck surgery, laryngology and rhinology.
If the patient has any of previously described conditions, it’s best that they ask their primary care doctor if an otolaryngologist can help with their condition. Even if the patient thinks that the symptoms are too minor, the best thing to do… is to let the doctor diagnose the condition. Sometimes, disorders can inflict a lot of damage to your general health, letting the diseases spread to the whole body.
Locating The Best ENT Specialists in Singapore
Patients have a lot of questions before they first visit an ENT doctor. These are some of the frequently asked questions about that:
- Where can I find the best ENT specialists in Singapore? – There are a lot of hospitals and health centers in Singapore, where you can find some of the best ENT doctors to diagnose the disease and suggest a therapy. The patient can find these doctors at ENT Centre in Singapore General Hospital, David Lau ENT Centre or The Ear, Throat, Head and Neck Centre. All the doctors that work there are some of the best professionals that are accredited in their field.
- What causes sinusitis and how to treat it? – Sinusitis is an infection of the sinus cavity that occurs due to obstruction of the sinus drainage pathways. The most common symptoms of sinusitis are a facial pain, nasal pressure, colored nasal draining (yellow or green), fever and fatigue. The treatment includes antibiotics and nasal decongestants. Sometimes, the patient needs endoscopic sinus surgery.
- What causes hoarseness? – Hoarseness is caused by upper respiratory infection, reflux and/or postnasal drip. When the patient coughs they may develop a throat irritation. In a case of acid reflux, the patient may feel throat discomfort and swallowing problems.
- What is nasal irrigation? – Nasal irrigation is a process of cleaning the nose with a fluid. The most common type of nasal irrigation is called Proetz machine when an ENT specialist uses salty water to clean out the sinuses. This solution is only temporary, but it really eases the symptoms of the nasal discomfort. The problems with the sinuses should be treated with antibiotics and nose drops.
- What can I do in a case of allergies? – The patients with allergies can have their nose plugged for weeks. The specialist should prescribe nasal sprays or antihistamine drugs that can ease the symptoms of the allergy. The patients need to avoid spicy food because it may prolong the symptoms.
The men and women from Singapore that have any ear nose and throat condition should look for the best ent specialist who can help them deal with the disease. Many of the best doctors are available on the Internet, where you can ask them for some advice, or you can make an appointment directly through the website. Also, the family doctor can suggest which one of the specialists is the best suited about your ent condition. Some of the best ent specialists in Singapore are waiting to help you out…