Haematologist Singapore: Blood Experts Who Help You Internally
Haematology is the branch of medicine that studies diseases related to blood. This branch not only studies, but it is also concerned with the diagnosis, treatment and the prevention of the diseases.
Etiology is part of haematology and that involves treating the diseases that affect the production of blood, as well as hemoglobin, blood cells, blood proteins, bone marrow and the mechanism of coagulation (http://www.medgadget.com/2016/10/asia-pacific-haematology-market-outlook-to-2021.html). Some of the diseases that are connected with haematology are:
- Blood clots
In Singapore, there are many medical laboratories as well as haematologists and haematologists-oncologists that can help you diagnose and treat any type of haematology disease you have. There are some of the best doctors that can also help you prevent a disease like that and give you guidelines on how to live a better life.
Every disease comes with it a different set of symptoms, but there are some symptoms of blood diseases (haematology diseases) that people in Singapore should never ignore. It’s best to seek immediate help when these symptoms appear. They include, but are not limited to:
- Shortness of breath
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Frequent infections
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Painful abdomen
- Bone or joint pain
- Weight loss
- Poor appetite
- Night sweats
- Persistent mild fever
- Decreased urination
If you ever notice some of the haematology symptoms above, your best move is to act fast! Do not hesitate to contact your hematologist in Singapore and tell them your concerns. Some of the frequently asked questions patients have about haematology are:
- What are the symptoms of bleeding disorders? – Blood diseases are unusually a result of a lack of some clotting factors in the blood. These conditions are most commonly inherited, but sometimes they can develop at a later stage of life. The safest way forward is to contact a haematology specialist (Singapore) for further evaluation. Some of the most common symptoms include easy bruising, bleeding gums, bleeding from the nose, heavy bleeding from minor cuts, easy bruising, heavy menstrual bleeding and heavy post-operative bleeding.
- What are the treatment methods available for blood clots? – The treatments depend on your general health and the location of the blood clots. Some of the treatments include Thrombolytic; Catheter-directed thrombolysis; Thrombectomy and Anticoagulants. Any of these treatments must be given and prescribed by a licensed hematologist and you should never take any medicines before consulting with your doctor.
- What happens in patients with blood cancer? – Blood cancer affects the functioning and the production of blood cells. The abnormal or cancerous cells disrupt the normal functioning of blood components and there are three major types of blood cancers, they include Leukemia; Lymphoma and Myeloma.
- What is radiation therapy? Is it painful? – Radiation therapy is the treatment that uses ionizing radiation in order to treat cancer. It causes damage to the DNA of the cancer cells and they die because the cancerous tumor shrinks in size. Radiation therapy does not cause any pain. There might be some side effects like dry mouth, coughing or mild nausea, but they all disappear within 4 – 6 weeks after completion of the treatment.
- Are there any good haematology specialists in Singapore? – There are many hospitals in Singapore that offer the best treatment for all types of blood diseases. The hematologists will be with you every step of the way and they will help you with any questions or concerns you have. Make sure you learn about your family history in order to give exact and best information to your haematology doctor.
If you notice any of the symptoms listed above with you or any other member of your family, do not hesitate to contact your specialist in Singapore. Any disease is easier to treat if it is caught in time, so don’t waste time and face the disease head on, this would be the best way forward.
Even though some types of blood diseases are terminal, most of them can be treated. The best way to deal with any blood disease is to recognize it early. Be careful and follow any change that happens in your body in order to notice the disease in the early stages and get it treated fast.