Double Eyelid Surgery Singapore: Get The Eyelids You Desire In 2019
Blepharoplasty or double eyelid surgery is the type of plastic surgery operation that corrects defects, disfigurations, and deformities of the eyelids. It is a very popular surgical procedure among females in Singapore. It is also used for aesthetically modifying the look of the eyes. And one of the best ways to “open up” the eyes.
In the process of the double eyelid surgery, the excess tissue, such as the fat and skin, of the eyes is removed or repositioned (http://health.asiaone.com/health/health-news/bangkok-or-korea-where-singaporeans-go-plastic-surgery-and-why). This procedure resolves the cosmetic and functional problems of the areas between your eyebrows and upper cheek. It’s one of the best ways to permanently attain a “doe-eye” look
There are many clinics in Singapore, where you can get double eyelid surgery and all of the procedures are performed by board-certified surgeons that will be with you every step of the way.
You can consult with your doctor about the risks, the post-operative treatment, recovery time and the price of this procedure. Many people do this procedure for cosmetic reasons, but for some of them, it is more of a functional problem. No matter the reason, this procedure will help you look better and function better.
There are many questions that patients have before undergoing double eyelid surgery in Singapore, here are some of the best answers to some of them:
- What is the difference between double eyelid surgery and normal upper eyelid surgery? – Many women, especially in Singapore have single eyelids but they prefer the look of double eyelids. This procedure opens up the eye and it makes it look more attractive and larger, it is one of the best ways to achieve this “look” permanently. When women have a crease with a double eyelid, it improves the appearance and it also eases the application of make-up. In some cases, this procedure can be used to rejuvenate and enhance the eyes. It can also turn multiple creases into a single, more beautiful crease.
- How long does double eyelid surgery take? – In most cases, the surgery takes about one hour, but if the preoperative care and postoperative recovery are counted, it takes no more than two hours. Most of the surgeons will not rush the procedure in order to keep it under one hour, instead, they will focus on providing the best results and safest treatment.
- What is the recovery time for double eyelid surgery? – The recovery time is different for every patient. It is best to consult a surgeon on the matter. Generally speaking though, the initial swelling and bruising will decrease over time and it takes about two weeks for it to resolve. For the final results, you will have to wait for 3 to 6 months in order for all swelling, even the very mild to resolve.
- Will the procedure hurt? – During the procedure all of the patients are sedated, so they do not feel any pain or discomfort. After the procedure, there might be some discomfort, but it is all gone after a few hours. If you have any additional questions about the pain and discomfort you may feel after the surgery, consult with your surgeon (Singapore).
- What are the risks of the double eyelid surgery? – If the procedure is done by a trained, board certified surgeon, there are minor risks. There are some fairly infrequent risks, like drooping of the eyelids, losing the fold or developing multiple folds. Some of the serious complications that may, in some rare cases occur are: inability to close the eyelid, chronic dry eye, bleeding, heavy scarring, infection, permanent vision changes and out-folding of the eyelid. Thankfully, these risks are much less common and the patients should not worry about them. Your surgeon will explain everything about the possible risks and complications before the surgery and you can ask them any questions you have about the double eyelid surgery.
This procedure is not something that you have to do, but if you have a functional or a cosmetic problem, then double eyelid surgery is the right choice for you.
Well-trained surgeons in Singapore will give you the best plan for treatment and they will walk you step by step through the procedure. After the procedure, you will not only look better, but your vision might also be improved and you will have an easier time applying make-up.